They say it takes 1,000 words to tell a story. We’re inviting you to tell a story with a single photograph. In April, we asked for your best photos depicting REBIRTH. This month, we’re asking you to submit your photos capturing GENERATIONS by June 25.
To be considered for publication on www.ucobserver.org and in The United Church Observer magazine, submissions must contain only one photo and a brief photo caption of 75 words or less. Only photo submissions e-mailed to email@example.com with a caption will be considered for publication.
Photographers must adhere to the following guidelines in order for their photograph to be considered for selection:
• By submitting a photograph through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, the photographer grants The Observer permission to feature her or his photograph on our website and in the print edition of the magazine.
• The photographer maintains ownership of the photograph, as well as serial rights to the photograph. In other words, if photographs are published one time on our website or in the print edition, The Observer will not reprint the photos on any future occasion without first requesting permission from the photographer.
• Any liability associated with the photo is the responsibility of the photographer.
• If the photograph is published elsewhere, the photographer must obtain permission from the previous publisher in order for The Observer to publish the photograph online and in the print edition of the magazine upon submission.
• If the photographer is under 18 years of age, the photo may be submitted on her or his behalf by an adult, so long as the relationship between the photographer and submitter is clearly described.
• There is no payment for photos.
• Photos must not include advertising.
• Commercial photography will not be accepted.
• If photos feature people, the photographer must provide the full name and contact information of each person appearing in the photo.
• The Observer staff reserves the right to edit any submission or remove any submission after it has been posted online.
• Photo captions will be edited by Observer staff.
• To be considered for publication, photos must be 300 dpi in resolution, and in JPEG (.jpg) format.
Observer staff will review all submissions. The photographer will be notified via e-mail only if her or his submission is selected. Please be advised that selection of the submitted photograph does not guarantee publication on The Observer’s website or in the print edition.